Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Sweet Summertime- looking back on Freshman year

Well... I've never had a blog before, so I'm not sure where to begin. For my CS 1410 computer class that I am taking this summer I am required to create this blog.

Here we go! For my first blog I thought I would look back on my Freshman year at Appalachian!

Starting freshman year I was extremely excited, but knew it would be a tough transition. Knowing how much I enjoyed being home and with my family it was not easy packing up and moving off to college over 2 hours away. I had always wanted to go to a small college close to home, until I fell in love with Appalachian State University. For some reason I knew that God's plan for my life involved attending! I wasn't sure what to think and it was different than I anticipated... but in a good way! After taking a while to get adjusted to living in the mountains, walking up lots of hills, wearing multiple layers of clothing, and being surrounded by lots of people I didn't know, I had a wonderful first year! It was so obvious to me that God was present in this entire journey (although he already has been). Through CRU, a campus ministry I go to, and a bible study I attended, all I learned and my love for the Lord grew far greater than I could have ever imagined. The friends I've met and opportunities I have had been nothing but things that God had in place all along! Looking back.. freshman year was filled with many tears, laughs, friends, memories, and sweet time with The Father :) 

I couldn't have asked for a better first year of college!


God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! - Ephesians 3:20 MSG


You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. - Jeremiah 29:13

 

 


1 comment: